How Can We Help?
Data Migration Services
GageList’s data migration service is a seamless and efficient solution designed to facilitate the smooth transfer of data from one system to another. Whether you’re upgrading your software, changing platforms, or consolidating databases, our data migration service ensures a secure and accurate transition of your valuable information. With advanced tools and methodologies, GageList guarantees minimal downtime, data integrity, and a hassle-free experience, allowing you to focus on your core business activities while we handle the intricacies of migrating your data.
The following is a high-level overview of the migration process:
- Procurement: Your data will need to be provided in one or more of the formats listed below. Any relevant attachments can be zipped and emailed (if within the standard email file size limits) or shared via a cloud storage service (ie: Dropbox, GDrive, etc.).
- Extraction: Once we receive your data, the relevant data sets will be identified and extracted in a workable format.
- Assessment: We’ll review your data and provide an estimate in hours for the migration process. A document will be provided for you to approve those hours.
- Mapping: Depending on the complexity of the data, we’ll also provide a data mapping document for your review and approval. This may prompt one or more scheduled meetings to ensure the mapping will fulfill your requirements. The types of data that can be imported are listed below. Any fields not found within GageList can be handled with custom fields or repurposing existing fields with localization.
- Service Approval: Once the migration document is signed and the mapping is approved, the migration can begin.
- Translation: Your data will be aligned and converted to fill each designated field based on the mapping document. Fields that enforce unique values will be deduped if any duplicate values are found in your data set (ie: (Gage A) Serial No: “12345”, (Gage B) Serial No: “12345 (1)”, etc.).
- Cleaning and Standardization: Any leading or trailing whitespace characters will be cleaned. Also values that are clearly spelled incorrectly with multiple variations will be standardized (ie: “Calliper” will be corrected as “Caliper”)
- Account Setup: In most cases, we’ll set up a new account to do the import and populate the appropriate settings based on your data, as well as any requirements you may have mentioned.
- Import: Your data will be imported to the account previously set up. The time it takes depends on the complexity of the mapping and the types of data included.
- Validation: We’ll validate the data was successfully imported and make corrections if needed.
- Approval: Access to the account will be provided so you can review it along with its data and provide feedback or approve if it’s ready for hand-off.
- Hand-off: Making final adjustments to the account. This may involve moving users over from previous accounts as well as your payment plan. For multisite instances, the account will be added as a new site.
Accepted Data Formats
- MS Excel
- MS Access
- SQL database
Importable Data Types
- Gage records
- Calibration records
- Test templates
- Test data
- Gage attachments
- Calibration attachments
- Gage images
- Settings (ie: custom fields, localization, dropdown values, certificate statements, logo, etc.)